6 STEPS TO EFFICIENTLY MANAGE YOUR TIMESHEETS
Managing timesheets for Horizon grants can be a complex and time-consuming task, but with the right tools and processes in place, it can be made much simpler. One key aspect of managing timesheets is setting clear expectations for team members. This includes clearly communicating how often timesheets should be submitted and what information should be included. It is also important to use a consistent format for timesheets to make them easy to read and understand.
In a previous post, we explained what a timesheet is and why it is important to manage your project’s budget and resources. In this article, we will delve deeper into 6 practical steps for managing timesheets for Horizon Europe grants.
THE 6 STEPS TO MANAGE YOUR TIMESHEETS FOR A HORIZON GRANT
- ESTABLISH CLEAR GUIDELINES: Develop clear guidelines for how and when timesheets should be completed, including the format and content of the timesheets. Make sure that all project staff are aware of these guidelines and understand their responsibilities for completing timesheets.
- SET UP A SYSTEM FOR TRACKING TIMESHEETS: Consider using a software platform like KRONIS to track timesheets. This can help to streamline the process and ensure that timesheets are accurate and up to date. It will also make it easy for team members to input their hours and for project managers to track and approve them.
- TRAIN PROJECT STAFF: Provide training to project staff on how to complete timesheets accurately and on time. This may involve demonstrating how to use the tracking system and providing examples of how to describe tasks and activities.
- MONITOR AND REVIEW TIMESHEETS REGULARY: Regularly review and monitor timesheets to ensure that they are accurate and complete. This may involve checking for errors, verifying that tasks and activities are properly described, and ensuring that timesheets are signed on time.
- USE TIMESHEETS TO TRACK PROGRESS: Use timesheets to track the progress of the project and identify any areas where additional resources or support may be needed. This can help to ensure that the project stays on track and is completed successfully. Besides, monitoring the hours worked on each project will ensure that you stay within budget and on schedule.
- FOLLOW COMPLIANCE REGULATION: It is important to note that managing timesheets for Horizon Europe grants may involve additional compliance and reporting requirements, as the program is funded by the European Commission. Therefore, it’s important to stay informed about any specific regulations and guidelines related to timesheet management for Horizon Europe grants.
Overall, effective timesheet management is important for the successful implementation and justification of a Horizon project. By following these steps, organizations can ensure that timesheets are accurate and up-to-date and that they are being used to track the progress of the project and allocate resources effectively.
HOW KRONIS CAN HELP YOUR ORGANISATION WITH YOUR TIME - KEEPING PRODEDURES?
Manually tracking time on paper or in a spreadsheet can be prone to errors. Firstly, it requires a lot of effort and attention to detail to accurately record the time you spend on different tasks and projects. Besides, manual time tracking can be time-consuming and inefficient, especially if you have to go back and correct errors or manually calculate totals for different reporting periods in multiple Horizon projects.
KRONIS™ is the first software to support organisations with their time-keeping procedures and make it easier to accurately and efficiently track timesheets of the personnel involved in research and innovation projects. Kronis has been built to be Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe compliant and allows organisations to make project justifications a smooth process. Some of the benefits of using Kronis to manage timesheets include:
- Improved accuracy: From personnel changes (new employee, contract changes, costs, etc.) to new projects and tasks, Kronis avoids changing timesheets every time an event happens in your organisation to ensure that the data is accurate and up to date.
- Increased efficiency: Kronis can help streamline the process of tracking the time of your R&D project, making it faster and more efficient to enter and review data.
- Enhanced control and monitoring: Kronis provides real-time data, allowing organisation and project managers to see how much time and money are being spent on different tasks and projects and make informed decisions about resource allocation. No more planning pains!
- Alerts system to sign timesheets: Kronis sends automatic reminders to everyone and offers you a unique control panel to check who’s signed and who’s not.
It was never so easy to control your R&D performance. Kronis provide you with an integrated view of your projects, deviations, costs, and time reported. If you want to start working with Kronis for free or simply want to know more about how to use it, do not hesitate to contact us and book a meeting with us!